A head full of interview questions: La tête chercheuse’s TOP questions
January 20, 2020 - Be in the Know
Although time is sometimes limited, the selection of a new player is a process that should not be taken lightly. Whether it is for a position creation or a temporary replacement, one should never try to just “fill a chair”. The addition of a recruit must fit in with the strategic focus of the organization and we would even go so far as to say that the talent found can influence the role to be offered. Today, there is an increasing need to forge organizational charts based on motivated and qualified talent, not the other way around.
Adaptability and alignment with organizational values are just as important as the responsibilities the candidate will have to deliver. Therefore, in all our mandates, we take the time to validate aspirations, personal interests, motivation sources and even personality traits.
To influence you to do the same, we present a compilation of La tête chercheuse’s “signature” questions.
1. If we had a round table with people close to you, what would they say about you?
2. I am your superior and one day I get up with the evil idea of cutting your wings, what do I do? Conversely, what do I do for you to spread your wings and flourish at work?
3. If you have no constraints at all, what would you do with your life?
4. Tell me about a bad business decision you made. What did you learn from it?
5. Tell me about a quality do you admire in a leader but that you don’t have?
6. If you could eliminate a bad habit of yours, which one would it be and why?
7. How would your worst enemy describe you in 3 words?
8. Describe the worst co-worker you have ever worked with and why?
9. What is the best way to get you in a bad mood?
10. How do you stand out from others on a team?
11. In about 20 years from now, what trace will we find of your professional career on Google?
12, If you had free rein to renew your team, what type of personality do you surround yourself with?
13. In times of crises or big changes, which personality trait of yours is accentuated?
14. Since the time you have led teams, what have you learned the most about yourself?
15. What is your trademark since the onset of your career?
16. What is the value of life or your leitmotif if you prefer guiding your personal and professional life?
Share this article
Our latest articles
Let go of being 100% productive, 9 to 5 Even though employees are back at the office several days a week, interactions between colleagues are still quite few and far between, and this impacts the…Read more
One-on-One with Isabelle Panelli
1- What does it mean to lead with impact in a male-dominated world? I really wonder whether we’re doing ourselves a disservice by highlighting the fact that there are women of impact in a man’s…Read more
The quest for happiness has become a full-time job!
These days, happiness at work has become a major talking point. You can read about it in magazines and blogs; you can even attend conferences and be inspired by best practices for keeping your employees…Read more
One-on-One with Manon Goudreault
1- What does being an impact entrepreneur mean to you? For a long time now, I feel like we’ve viewed entrepreneurs as people focussed on profit, and anything related to social value was relegated to…Read more
Recession and inflation: how to best present your job offer
What is total compensation? Total compensation is the full scope of benefits you can offer employees. It has three components : direct pay – salary, tips, commission; indirect pay – pension plans, employee benefits; and non-pecuniary…Read more