The Heart and Stroke Foundation (Heart + Stroke).
The Heart and Stroke Foundation (Heart + Stroke) is a health charity that is involved in communities across the country. It is supported by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and 1.4 million donors.
The Senior Vice President, Quebec is an integral member of Heart & Stroke’s (H&S) Executive Team and leads a dedicated team of employees and leadership volunteers in Quebec, working collaboratively in a matrixed environment with colleagues across the country. The SVP brings strategic insights to the H&S planning process and moves the strategy forward by aligning and leading the implementation of provincial plan to support the strategic direction. The SVP is a fund development champion and serves as the spokesperson and ambassador for the organization in the province and for the Foundation as a whole.
- University degree or post secondary education;
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in fundraising sector;
- Ability to negotiate new partnerships and expand existing alliances;
- Government, stakeholder and media relations experience;
- Experience working with a volunteer Board of Directors;
- Strategic and business planning capability;
- Experience in leading an innovative fund development plan within the nonprofit sector;
- Team Management experience;
- Experience in successfully recruiting, training and managing a team of fundraising professionals;
- Able to work collaboratively on cross Canada teams with employees and volunteers at different levels;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience in volunteer briefings; proposal, grant and letter writing; donor/partner communications;
- Strong capacity to build genuine relationships in a complex environment to move the strategic agenda forward;
- Strength of a developed network in Quebec;
- Experience in leading a major gift campaign (Asset);
- CFRE designation (Asset);
- Involvement in a professional association (Asset);
- Ability to communicate in English and French (verbal and written);