Founded in 1889, the Old Brewery Mission is the largest resource for homeless men in Quebec and for homeless women in Canada.
It is committed to ending homelessness in Montreal and is developing many new initiatives to achieve this goal. It focuses on emergency services, urban health, housing and psychosocial support, as well as research and public awareness initiatives. Through these initiatives, it contributes to a better understanding of homelessness as a social problem that can be solved once and for all.
Today, the Old Brewery Mission is an extensive network of state-of-the-art facilities, programs and services in the fight to end homelessness.
The Old Brewery Mission promotes the core values of caring and compassion, respect and tolerance, accountability and professionalism, and innovation and collaboration.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, and in collaboration with members of the HR team, the counsellor lends a hand and helps support other services to make a positive difference in the lives of our most vulnerable citizens. As such, you will be in constant collaboration with managers to identify their needs, then develop innovative HR solutions and implement creative practices that promote commitment, achieve objectives and maintain an environment conducive to development in a healthy and harmonious environment.
If you are looking for an environment that has a tangible impact on society and want to join a team that takes human relations to heart, the Old Brewery Mission is the place for you!
Are you looking for a job that will make you feel useful? Do you want the hours you devote to your work to be meaningful and to contribute to the collective well-being? The Old Brewery Mission works with homeless people in Montreal to meet their basic needs, while finding concrete and sustainable solutions to end homelessness. Join our team to make a real difference!
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Relations, Human Resources Management or in a relevant field ;
- 5 years of experience as a generalist in a unionized environment, including interpretation of the collective agreement, management of disciplinary measures and grievances, conflict resolution and collaboration with managers, employees and the union ;
- Good knowledge of the labour laws and regulations applicable in Quebec ;
- Thoroughness in the processing of data and rigor in the application of rules and schedules ;
- Strong communication skills with tact and a strong sense of customer service ;
- Team spirit and positive attitude ;
- Member of the Ordre des Conseillers en Ressources Humaines, an asset ;
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite ;
- Bilingualism is an asset ;
- Adherence to the values of the Old Brewery Mission.