Quebec Film and Televison Commission (QFTC) .
The Quebec Film and Television Commission (QFTC) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to contribute to the development and competitiveness of Quebec as a multi-screen production center of international calibre. It generates investment in Quebec by relying on competitive tax incentive programs, the know-how of the industry’s members, the geographic and architectural diversity, the quality of the infrastructure and the industry’s ability to export its products to foreign markets.
Under the authority of the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the President and CEO oversees all of the QFTC’s activities: Hospitality Services, Quebec Audiovisual Cluster Secretariat, Business Development, Communications and Management Control. By providing dynamic leadership to both employees and the audiovisual community, the CEO ensures that the QFTC contributes to the development and competitiveness of Quebec as a world-class multi-screen production center.
The President and CEO has an in-depth knowledge of the film and television markets and, more broadly, is responsible for federating professional activities related to the audiovisual milieu, regardless of the platform or broadcasting mode chosen by creators.
Finally, the President and CEO, in cohesion and collaboration with the Bureau’s public and private partners, ensures the development of strategies specifically targeting the elements of the economic and political environment that will allow the Bureau to fully play its role as a catalyst for the audiovisual industry.
- University education in a job-related field;
- A minimum of 15 years experience as a manager in the audiovisual industry;
- In-depth knowledge of the audiovisual sector "from script to screen";
- Knowledge of the trades related to the production and distribution chronology;
- Understanding of the issues associated with new technologies, both in terms of industrial practices and the economic models associated with the export of content;
- Excellent command of English and French, both written and spoken.