The Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television.
The Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television is a national, not-for-profit professional association dedicated to the promotion, recognition and celebration of outstanding achievement in film, television and digital media in Canada. The Academy is a vital unifying force representing all screen-based industries.
Reporting to the Academy’s Chief Executive Officer, the General Manager works in close collaboration with the Quebec Board of Directors to identify the major orientations and ensures the sound management of the Quebec branch of the organization. He/she manages and supervises the development, financing, employees, budgets, establishment of committees, relations with the various industry stakeholders in Quebec and with the National Academy, planning of activities and events, communications (including digital media), memberships and the contest for the production of the Prix Gémeaux and the Canadian Screen Awards (for Quebec).
- Undergraduate university degree in a field related to business administration (or equivalent experience);
- Significant management experience in a leadership role in the arts and culture community, ideally in television;
- Proven experience or potential in 360-degree management;
- Financial management and administration (business case, budget monitoring, etc.);
- Communication and public relations (outreach, copywriting, government relations, crisis management);
- Commercialization, marketing, brand management, creation of value-added products and services, use of the digital ecosystem;
- Strategic planning (from ideation to implementation);
- Knowledge of the cultural ecosystem, issues related to the television and film industry and the Quebec star system;
- Experience in fundraising (sponsorship, advertising, partnerships, etc.);
- Proven track record in mobilizing multiple stakeholders in a highly politicized context;
- Strong understanding of governance concepts.