Lowe's Companies Inc. is a FORTUNE® 50 company in the home improvement industry
It serves more than 18 million customers per week in United States and Canada.
Headquartered in Boucherville, Quebec, Lowe’s Canada operates or serves more than 470 corporate stores and independent franchise affiliates under various banners, including Lowe’s, RONA, Réno-Dépôt and Dick’s Lumber. Lowe’s Canada has more than 26,000 associates, in addition to approximately 5,000 employees serving the RONA independent franchise affiliates.
If you’re looking to do what you love, to grow, and to develop your skills, Lowe’s Canada is the ideal work environment!
Reporting to the Senior Vice-President, Public Affairs, Asset Protection and Sustainable Development, the Director of External Communications will be responsible for developing and implementing effective external communications strategies that will meet the strategic business needs of Lowe’s Canada and its other brands: RONA, Réno-Dépôt and Dick’s Lumber. The selected candidate will work closely with the Director of Internal Communications and with several business units, such as: Sustainable Development, Human Resources, Marketing, RONA Affiliate Merchant Support and Canada-wide operations, to ensure the implementation of strategic and adapted communications, successfully targeting audiences in a very dynamic context where responsiveness and speed of execution will be required. He will play a key role in promoting and protecting the reputation of Lowe’s Canada and its brand’s from coast to coast to support the organization’s business and growth initiatives in Canada.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in corporate communications, external communications and/or public and media relations ;
- Undergraduate university degree in the field of communications or any other relevant training ;
- Fluently bilingual in oral French and English - excellent writing skills in French and able to write adequately in English ;
- Excellent sense of responsibility and initiative. Able to function very well in emergency situations or under pressure ;
- Ability to understand and formulate effective communication strategies within a complex, world-class organization ;
- Ability to understand the industry in which the company operates and to identify the business issues related to it ;
- Able to work well in a team and to be dedicated to the success of the company ;
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills ;
- Knowledge of the pan-Canadian media landscape and best practices ;
- Knowledge of the Canadian retail industry and its issues ;
- Experience in government relations, an asset.